Last updated: 24/03/2021
In the UK & EU, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaced the Data Protection Act 1998, which was brought into law as a way to implement the 1995 EU Data Protection Directive. GDPR seeks to give people more control over how businesses can collect, keep and use information about you. GDPR makes it clear that people can have their data deleted at any time if it´s not relevant anymore – i.e. the company storing it no longer needs it for the purpose they collected it for. The new EU Regulations took effect on 25th May 2018.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
Our full details are:
Full name of entity: Angela Gibson trading as Costa Blanca Events Planner.
Name or title of Data Protection Officer: Angela Gibson – Director
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Box 672 Personal Postal Care, Avenida Del Pla 116-4, Javea, 03730, Alicante, Spain.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing email@example.com
WHO WE ARE
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, What’s App, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, and contact details. We do not keep your personal financial information or any credit details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us. We process this data to enable us to deliver relevant information on our services. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. However you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
WHAT DATA ARE YOU COLLECTING & WHY
If you enquire on my website or via any other form of communication, I may send you information regarding my services as deemed relevant to you. I will not pass this information onto third parties.
I need to know your names, dates of birth, wedding/marriage type, contact details including email addresses, home address, passport numbers and telephone numbers and messaging details in order to process your enquiry and booking. Throughout our planning I will need to have access to this data in order to send appropriate information with regards to your wedding planning. This data is and will be used for legitimate interest only. From time to time I will need to send this data to other suppliers as per to our planning agreement of Costa Blanca Events Planner and any subsequent emails/messages/requests, to be able to source and book suppliers on your behalf.
I also collect personal details from your wedding party and the other wedding suppliers at your wedding. This is to ensure the smooth running of your day where contact with the bride and groom is not available. The details I may ask for are:
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
The information from your wedding party will be erased after the event as I no longer require it.
I may also post photos, images or video from your wedding in a variety of places, listed below. This is done via legitimate interest. Should any member of your event party not wish to be included in this, please let me know by email. In addition to this, I also provide you with the ability to opt out of posting photographs from your wedding in the various places.
- On my website
- In wedding blogs and other websites
- On social media
- To your wedding suppliers
- Wedding Blogs
- Online directories
Your information will held securely for up to 7 years post wedding.
EXTERNAL DATA PROCESSORS
In addition to my own data, I also use a variety of data processors. They are listed below:
- Google Suite & DropBox
Google Suite is a tool for providing services which are available over the internet. I use Calendar, Email and Drive in order to store information relating to your wedding. Google and DropBox are fully GDPR compliant. I retain 7 years of data in order to be compliant with legal obligations, except in the case of email which is retained indefinitely.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a service which provides information about how visitors use a website. I use the information that I gain to provide you with a more effective website. Google is fully GDPR compliant. I have nominated a 38 month period for retaining personal information for legitimate interest.
- Aisle Planner
Aisle Planner is a Event Planners wedding planning software which holds information about your Event. I have nominated a 2 year period for retaining personal information for legitimate interest.
We may share personal information with other suppliers so we can plan your day accordingly as and when needed. As your event planner I will need to let other suppliers know who you are, when your wedding is and some contact details as they will need to know these details in order to invoice you, make your day the best and actually turn up! You will be made aware as and when I get in contact with these suppliers.
We will also share the information on your invoices with our accountants so that they can process our accounts. They are also GDPR Compliant.
In order for Costa Blanca Events Planner to continue, marketing is required. We may use your images, photos or videos of your day for marketing purposes. This will be done via the following ways:
- All Social media platforms
- Online wedding directories
- Online wedding blogs of real wedding coverage
WHERE IS YOUR INFORMATION KEPT
Here at Costa Blanca Events Planner your information is kept securely behind password protected software and hard copies of documents such as signed contracts are behind locked doors/cabinets.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer Angela Gibson at